Thursday, June 25, 2009

Emotional Overload

Why do I have these feelings?
They run through my mind
And I try to pay them no heed.

But slowly they insinuate themselves into my mind.
They make me question the way I am
What I am thinking and feeling
The decisions I make and the actions I take.

I hate that I feel this way
But I cannot gain control over these emotions.
It takes all of my control not to do as they say.

The whispers in my mind to do the things they say.
To harm myself in so many ways
And to distance myself from those around me
The people who care about me.

I thought that I was past all of this
Now that my life is so much better than it was
I thought that these emotions would plague me no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment