Thursday, June 25, 2009

It Makes Me Sad

It makes me sad,
To see the way you reject your feelings,
Your thoughts and emotions.

Just because you think they are wrong.
I may be gone,
But I am still here
Whenever you need me.

I’m here for you
As a friend to laugh with,
As a shoulder to cry and rage on,
As a lover if the mood takes you.

But you think that is too much
You think that you must distance yourself
That we must be nothing but friends.

But I’m afraid that is something I can’t do
We have shared too much
Explored each other’s minds and souls.
I know you so well
That we will always be more.

On the outside we can act as friends
And who knows in many years to come that may be all we are.
But right now we are still tied by our emotions
I still love you more than I should.

But I know I made the choice
To end our time together.
I know was the right choice
But still I feel for you.

I know that I will survive and carry on my life.
Maybe take another lover to be with me in this world.
But you my dear I care for in so many ways
I cannot leave you out my life.

You still feel for me but think that you shouldn’t
You punish yourself with your thoughts
Telling yourself that you are wrong
To still have any feelings for me.

But whatever you decide
I will be here to support you.

Whatever our eventual relationship is
I leave the decision to you
You know my stance
You know my feelings
On this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment